A New Day of Learning: Fun & Free for St. Patty's Day

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Fun & Free for St. Patty's Day



There are a lot of reasons why I love celebrating St. Patrick's Day in my classroom. I love seeing the excitement in the eyes of students when they come in and the room is all disheveled because a naughty leprechaun visited.  Even better are the smiles and laughter when we drink 7-Up and Lime Sherbet Punch while playing St. Patrick's Day Spoon Time.  Lastly, it doesn't hurt that my favorite color is green and gives me an excuse to deck the room in shades of green!

My students really love when we have themed days and St. Patrick's Day is no exception! I love to make themed math centers and language arts activities for the day.  I know how busy you are, so I thought I would share a free addition activity that will help lighten your planning load.  Your students will have so much fun they will forget they are practicing math!


Over the years, I have created other resources to make your day fun! These are free as well! You can check them out by clicking below!

Free St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompts  - Use this freebie to get your students to do some creative writing about what they would do if they found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or what would they do if they caught a leprechaun? The papers make a great hallway display as well!

Lucky Letters Freebie - These cute little notes are for you to give to your students to offer encouragement and let them know you are so lucky to have them in class.  The notes feature either a boy or girl leprechaun and will be sure to lift spirits in your classroom!

Free St. Patrick's Day Bookmarks - These sweet little St. Patrick's Day owl bookmarks are dual purpose! Print, cut and hand them out to your students so they can mark their page and keep track of what books are next on their reading list.


What is your favorite activity to do in the classroom on St. Paddy's Day?  Leave a comment below! I'd love to hear your ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Back to the Top