A New Day of Learning: Knock, Knock!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Knock, Knock!

It was so cold last week that my school had two snow days.  I went to school to get some things done that I normally don't have time to do! One of things that I tackled was getting my door decorated for winter.

What is great about living in Wisconsin is that once you decorate your door for winter, it can stay that way for MONTHS! I don't change my door decorations nearly as much as I would like to, so I didn't miss this opportunity to spruce things up!

I had found this super cute idea on Pinterest a few weeks ago. My inspiration picture comes from The Butterfly Jungle.
 

http://thebutterflyjungle.blogspot.com/2012/12/let-it-snow.html

She says it was "easy peasy" to make the polar bear, but I know my artistic ability and that would not be "easy-peasy" for me! Instead of attempting to draw, I found an adorable snowman in some clipart I bought from Clementine. I bought her  Winter Friends set from her Etsy shop.

I printed out one of the snowmen and put it under my document camera and projected it onto my smartboard.  Then, I traced it onto a large piece of white paper, took it down, colored it, and cut it out.  My snowman is also blowing snowflakes.  (If I were going to do this again, I would make my snowman turn sideways.)  I added real buttons and cut out the snowflakes using my Cricut.  


How do you decorate your door for Winter?
Do you have a blog post about it?
Put a link in the comments so we can see! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Back to the Top