A New Day of Learning: Menu Planning

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Menu Planning

So, this post doesn't have to do with school directly.  However, being healthy and having a plan for your meals for the week can help you be a better teacher and advocate for your students.  I have recently decided to focus on being more prepared for the week by meal planning and grocery shopping ahead of time.  To help me stay on track, I have created a simple and colorful menu planner.

I was inspired by this menu planner from Organizing Homelife. I loved the simple design and the place for a recipe source, so I was sure to add those to my brightly colored version.  I tested out this menu planner yesterday, and it worked like a charm! It feels good to know that I have a plan for the week and that anyone could come to my house, follow the plan, and cook me dinner! (A girl can dream, right?)

I even have a few ideas about how you could use this in the classroom! This would be a great tool for students taking a cooking or home economics class to plan meals and make grocery lists.  This could also be a part of a math lesson where students calculate the cost of the meals they plan and stay within a grocery budget.  They could also figure out the cost per person per meal.

If you would like a copy of the menu planner, just click on the picture below. (Be sure to be logged into your Google account.) If you don't have a Google account, you can download the menu from my Teachers Pay Teachers store.


I am linked up this week at

Freebie Fridays

Classroom freebies


How do you organize your meals? 
What are your favorite go to meals/snacks?
How would you use this menu planner in your classroom?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Back to the Top